Upgrade To Midland Mainline London To Bedford Route

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ade2022, Sep 25, 2023.

1. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Last edited: May 25, 2024
  2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

This suggests to me that the route dev originally planned to go to Kettering, but cut off because of development time. It's like the Hertford Loop existing in ECML South. Or Kingswear in the Riviera (which also has its own Workshop route by heardturkey, who made the Leicester extension from Bedford).

Honestly, I'd love to see Corby make it in here so we can run proper 360 services. We need the wires.

3. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head you'd be missing the Class 700 stop car markers, the platform PIS boards, the platform steps at the end of the platforms, a couple of industrial units, some bits of foliage (can't remember how much of it was used but there are a few places that may well be a bit bare) and a few other bits of clutter. Not sure on the signaling cause AP did all of that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I don't have the Dover & Ramsgate add on. How annoying....The AP enhancement pack is free... and can't get it without paying for DTG stuff. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

5. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

Oh the decadency.

Saved hundreds of pounds on AP content for his winning screenshot and now complains... ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Cyclone

What AP enhancement pack?
    They would not be bare. You would be reminded to drink milk.

7. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Spikee did you manage to run any of the 'older' AP scenarios in the new enhanced London-Bedford. I am told that they should work if one updates the AP DLC packs since these packs were meant to have been updated to accommodate the new route.

Thx

8. Spikee1975

Yes, the updates brought a huge load of converted (all old MML scenarios) and new scenarios (APC43VP) for the new MML. The APSWEP demo is now available for the new MML too.

AP have done a lot of work... and the rollout was successful. Though I wished they'd separate the scenarios from the stock installers, so you don't have to go through installing all the branding patches again. But then, it's quickly done as the installers can be run straight from the zips. (There's also another way, just install all branding patches to an empty folder and back that up. After updates, you only need to drag that backup over your installation - given that there's no changes made to the stock.) I'm not sure if anything other than the scenarios was changed.

4.png
    3.png
    2.png
    1.png
    (Class 40 Mainline image refers to my converted "Radlett Rambler" scenario - it's not part of the update ;) )

Of course there might be more, I'm not owning all AP content yet (but close). That plus the amount of QDs will keep me occupied.

I had just started exploring the Harrogate Loop - now this. I don't have enough time to play all that :D

9. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Hmm when I try to run these my pc just hangs up! I redownloaded them and no dice. Any ideas? The 9 new scenarios work.
    The last code in LogMate showed
    2024/05/25 15:33:47.940 - [Scaleform] - Trace D:\RGBuild\CoreRelease\Code\DLLs\WindowsManager\cScaleformMana

Railworks64.exe just hung

I reloaded the JGA wagon set (since it only has 1 scenario). They all show in the menu, however, they fail to run.
    APJGA: 6M79 12:31 Angerstein Wharf - Bardon Hill

Did you manage to actually run these from your menu?

10. Spikee1975

Checking 6M79... working here. Please always post the full log. Its line format is Time:Code:Content, and your last line only shows code not content, so I'd need to scroll up ;)

2024-05-25 23_27_28-Train Simulator (x64).png

11. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Here is the log file: Thx
    The code hung up so I thought that the error line would not be found

Attached Files:

12. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

I personally have had no issues whatsoever (Up till now, fingers still crossed on my old Dell Optiplex 7010 mini tower with a 1050Ti GPU upgrade), with this new MML route.
    Must admit it is one seriously beautiful piece of work, am well impressed.
    The fact that it runs so smoothly on my Potato PC is astonishing.
    I don't run any re-shade or RWE enhancements so these shots are just an example of what can be achieved with just the "out of the box" AP enhanced basic TSC. (AP Track, Veg, Weather 2.0, Clouds etc.)
    20240524214252_1.jpg 20240525232924_1.jpg 20240525234129_1.jpg 20240525234315_1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. Cyclone

Oh my God. I didn't think it was possible to get a shot of a freaking airplane up there. :D

14. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Spikee here is another file. It just stops in cycle. Sat for 10 minutes and went no further. Something is missing in my setup. I have reloaded all of the files yet again

Attached Files:

15. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

I don't know what is wrong with my pc. It feels like it cannot handle running the new PA London Bedford route. I can barely get any of the scenarios to load! Anyone else seeing issues?

I ran the same scenario APC317:2A22 20:28 Luton - Moorgate - This worked on the old route

When I ran this on the new route my pc hung up. I compared the codes for both runs. On the new route it failed to stream the object :
    Opened stream from file @os:e/Steam/steamapps/common/RailWorks/Assets/dtg/bedpanline/templateroutes/loading_bpl_nmc.TgPcDx

This part of the code happens during the set of slides presented during loading

The new route just stopped at this point. Does anyone know what might be going on?

No-one else has reported issues on their setup so this must be something with my configuration. I have validated the files 2 times and downloaded all of the AP DLCs twice.
    Respectfully

Last edited: May 26, 2024
  16. Pookeyhead

Well.... enhanced route.... you know what I mean.

17. Pookeyhead

I was thinking irony.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Enhanced for everyone but me!
    I have found out I can edit the original Bedford Line 2A22 20:28 Luton - Moorgate in the scenario editor. The new route will not allow me to edit it. I get the same failure for the file to open up similar to running a scenario. Maybe I am somehow not getting the correct scenario loaded onto my pc when I download the latest AP packs. The fact that I cannot edit the file in the Scenario Editor makes me suspicious whether there is some level of file protection preventing me from running these scenarios.
    Does anyone have any experience here?

19. Spikee1975

The log throws a lot of errors. Duplicate scenario IDs (never copy scenarios, either move or clone). Delete Content\SDBCache.bin for starters.

Probably these issues are resolved faster by reinstalling TSC (make sure to completely DELETE the RailWorks folder) and AP addons.

20. Spikee1975

I am suspecting this post which puzzled me a bit is related to your issues. What Doppelgaengers?!?

Maybe just deleting SDBCache.bin will clean up the mess. You have to delete it in case you're moving a scenario to another route. (AP did not, all scenarios have new GUIDs)

And generally. If logmate reports a file as "appears to contain invalid data" - delete these files, as they are corrupt and harmful. I've eliminated a few Preloads that were crippled xml's (DevL\SouthWest contains a corrupt 153 preload, as did MarkT79's assets.) Deleting a preload does not remove stock.

Some contains xml tags that are missing their closing tags, some completely omit data. The TS error checking routine has become pretty good.

21. Spikee1975

22. Cyclone

23. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Just out of interest Kilt, have you emptied your temp folder as AP installers leave a copy of the install in there and doesn't delete them after! Those will fill your drive damn fast if left unattended to.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 27, 2024
  25. Pookeyhead

I think they sorted that ages ago.

26. Spikee1975

Where would that be? Appdata or C:\Windows\temp?

Edit: All installers are in fact still there in GUID named folders - delete them. Got 4.6 GB back now. This is probably nothing AP can do anything about, it's likely .msi installer related. The installers get extracted from the AP container exe, and then executed from there. Windows should delete them but it doesn't.

Use a cleaning tool or DIY. Stuff that's needed will be locked by the filesystem, so you can't do any damage.

2024-05-27 17_42_19-C__Users_Online_AppData_Local_Temp_{879E6494-91EC-4984-BEFA-77433C25A71D}_.png

martschuffing We live and learn. Thanks!

27. Limeyfox

Limeyfox Well-Known Member

Silly question that may be unrelated. I haven't bought the AP upgrade (although it's on my 'future maybes' list). I've noticed that all the AP 319 and 317 scenarios on the DTG MML London-Bedford route, with a couple of exceptions, have disappeared. Is this possibly intentional, and why would this have happened, if not?

28. Cyclone

Is the OHLE pack really that much better? I'd prefer to have routes set up to NOT use it, personally...
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Downloaded Installations is the folder I know of, but I can't seem to find it directly today.
    It's intentional. It's the AP way of forcing people to upgrade and spend more money on his products, something I have always been critical of.

29. Spikee1975

No it's AppData\local\Temp as seen in the screenshot.

I still have the old scenarios due to a simple trick.

Whenever I install AP packs, I check the route folder.

I then pack the AP scenarios into an ap, eg. APC43VPEPScenarios.ap. This way, they are undetected and will not be deleted. :D

Nice and clean: Installer can't find Scenarios\xyz that way. And I can locate stuff easier.

I am highly protective about my installation. :)
    2024-05-27 18_05_03-E__RailWorks_Content_Routes_00000034-d000-0000-0000-000000002014_.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. Cyclone

Wait a second.

His installer DELETES old copies of scenarios in other folders?

They are going THAT FAR out of their way to force you to upgrade to use them?

Thank God I install first to a dummy on the Desktop. Think I'll run all my old installers to there now.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Spikee1975

I don't know - Limeyfox said that. I can't confirm because the installer can't touch them anyway due to the way I handle my installation. I only need to check for duplicate IDs, but AP's MMLAP scenarios have unique ones.

The InstallMe.bat has no delete instructions... which is not proving / disproving anything of course.

So not confirmed yet.

And even if, it's always wise to store your downloads on an external drive. virtualRailroads had a severe webshop crash in 2018, all account data lost. I still have the original installers for my ExpertLine locos - you should too. For your own sake.

32. Limeyfox

They’ve certainly disappeared from my scenarios list in the TSC Drive menus. Irony is that today I spent my ‘weekly allowance’ on the Vegetation Upgrade pack and was looking through for a good AP scenario to test it, and noticed by chance that my largish list of 317 and 319 scenarios was now a very short list :(:mad:

33. Cyclone

This is an easy thing to verify. Try this in a dummy folder. I use Desktop/RailWorks.

34. Spikee1975

I've heard that if you contact AP, they'll send you the files again. Most people will have switched over to MML AP with the updated scenarios and won't run the old route again. I agree, the installer should at least ask you if you want to keep the old scenarios (as they do not conflict with their MML AP clones).

35. Cyclone

I don't know about scenarios, but I know I've contacted about needed sound packs for reskins before and he's not that willing to provide them. So my experience is a more negative one.

36. Spikee1975

That might be because most of these soundpacks have evolved into the full Enhancement Packs. Forget those old repaints. Swap the locos.

As said, keep your downloads. Storage is cheap. A terabyte for two Quarterpounders with Cheese :)

37. Cyclone

I asked about one that didn't. :D

Off the top of my head, the 421/423, 303, and 57 come to mind.

Though yes, the 365 one has been found needed, and the 319 one for a unique reskin as well.

38. Spikee1975

I'm sure it was only a few days ago someone posted here, requesting some deleted stuff and got it from AP. Something that was part of a purchase he once made.

What you are requesting with these soundpacks is nothing you had purchased, so why should they give it to you? You're mixing things up.

So if you want the old scenarios that got removed but you had before, I'm sure they'll send them to you, at least that's what I've heard.

39. Cyclone

Yeah, that makes more sense that way. I usually keep backups or old installers so don't usually have to ask for old purchased content, though he did make it sound like he was not providing the HHA scenarios any longer when I asked to verify if my eyes were deceiving me. Maybe he does, but I didn't have to try that.

40. Limeyfox

Just to close out my own query, AP have confirmed to me that the original MML scenarios in the 317 and 319 packs are being re-added for customers who already owned them, and should be restored once the packs are re-downloaded. I do wonder if this was perhaps a cockup rather than anything more.

Anyway, I’m less grumpy now!

• Like Like x 3
  41. Spikee1975

They should really really make separate installers for the scenarios and offer a changelog.

I've redownloaded all updated loco packs yesterday, applied all the patches again. Don't want to do it again. I guess I don't need the upcoming updates for the loco packs - but how can I know?

• Like Like x 1
  42. Limeyfox

Yes I definitely agree about the change log - otherwise you don’t know what you are downloading!

43. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Bit late getting this one as I’ve been away for the weekend. So could only watch others streaming it.

Got home this evening, updated my AP Packs and purchased it. Have to say I’m absolutely blown away by the quality. It looked good on the streams that I watched but being able to actually play it, it’s stunning. Also nice that all the other AP Packs have been updated to use the new route, so I have a ton of scenarios to work through.

Really happy with this one. TSC is going through a good phase at the moment. Can’t remember a time with so much really good quality UK Content.

• Like Like x 5
  44. Spikee1975

I'm baffled by the perfection they deliver.

• Like Like x 1
  45. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

I have reloaded ALL of my TSC stuff. New MML line is now working however it seems to be sluggish. Any ideas? (I think my issue was a clash of AP DLCs which caused my issue. I could run the scenarios after I had run an AP Wharry Line scenario first). Think the issue may be due to a bad weather install.
    By the way I am really enjoying the new ATS loading software. It is pretty slick. I wish AP had a similar product!

46. Spikee1975

ATS launcher is badly coded spyware. They can remove stuff as they like from your game, you have no control anymore. I am glad AP offers traditional installers I can backup and run even when the Internet is down.

I have never found AP DLC clashing - that's a thing with JustTrains only.

• Like Like x 2
  47. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

After having spend 4-5 hours manually downloading all of my AP files I personally am happy to use something like the ATS tool which shows me what I have and makes the job easier. I do like the AP Scenario loader!. Each to their own. :)

48. Cyclone

I will never buy anything from ATS because of the ATS Launcher. This has nothing to do with my personal opinions of him, which are another reason I'd never buy from him. Even the item that was gifted to me I can't ever use because it's locked behind the launcher, and I just will not condone spyware on my PC.

Last edited: May 31, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  49. Spikee1975

4-5 hours? You can sort your downloads by Update time. It think it was ten packs that got updated, and each one only takes a minute here max as AP uses fast servers. Installation also only takes a few seconds.

50. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

Downloading AP is always fiddly. Does it have an extended pack sometimes two. Would be nice if download included the patches.