1. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

I agree and completely understand it's a massive task, but I really think the work needs to be started sooner rather than later as the sounds are very sub par on xbox at the moment :(

• Like Like x 5
  2. Nicolás train sim

Nicolás train sim Member

You are 100% right, I've had tsw3 bought and installed since launch day waiting to be played cause right now with this audio it's impossible to enjoy...

• Like Like x 2
  3. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

So the game is basically broken and will stay broken. Ok bey DTG. Don't got time for broken games.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nicolás train sim

Nicolás train sim Member

Yeah I know, it's sad because it has potential but these things just make me not wanna play it you know...

• Like Like x 2
  5. theojwhitworth2004

theojwhitworth2004 Member

Anyone noticed the modern AWS sound issue on Xbox. Sounds really distorted, like a low quality audio file. It's been like that since launch and 3 tickets later nothing has changed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Yeah Thats something I've been pushing. Over Christmas submitted a ticket and youtube comparison on the AWS sounds in the 377 BML, 377 ECW, 375 and 465 (which is the worst for distortion and audio on aws by a mile)

Video is here if anyone from DTG or the forum want to see it, seems to be xbox specific from what I've see. Note all of the last 3 the AWS gets louder as you move to external camera almost deafening on the 465.

Video:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. theojwhitworth2004

Absolutely brilliant. I'm glad someone else is pushing it too. It really needs to be fixed. That video is gold. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a recording of the issue so I am glad you have (and a good one at that) that really demonstrates the problem. I think I have seen Matt floating in this thread so hopefully he makes a not of it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nicolás train sim

Nicolás train sim Member

I don't get it, in tsw2 they got fixed and now in tsw3 we have the same issue and they don't do anything. This is like 1 step forward and 2 backwards, just disappointing...

• Like Like x 1
  9. theojwhitworth2004

Agreed. I have a feeling the fix for the jackhammer issue may have sparked a few new (but not as bad) issues. Still needs fixing.

10. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

2023 and we still have the issues, not even been acknowledged I think

11. coursetim

The reply to my ticket said the video was very helpful and it was closed.

Whether anything comes to fruition we shall see but hopefully they can sort something :)

12. theojwhitworth2004

I hope so. With that evidence you provided they hopefully should be able to do something about it. But to be honest it baffles me that non of the team ever loaded up an Xbox, played the game and found the issue. Yet another oversight or just plain ignorance to the issue.

13. coursetim

Yeah honestly it took me 5 minutes to find and repeat these. Unless the sound is different on dev builds? But then they have xbox console players in the Beta group now so surely someone should've raised these issues before we have. All you do is play the route with safety systems on and you'd notice especially on the 465 which had excellent sounds before tsw3

14. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Pardon me if this isn't applicable, but can't the volume of the external alarm be adjusted within the settings? I usually keep it fairly low. Although this wouldn't address all of the issues you have raised, perhaps it might help?

15. theojwhitworth2004

Agreed, the 465 was a bit of gem in TSW2 especially for sounds, now it gets let down by these bugs unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2
  16. theojwhitworth2004

It might help but the main issue is the core sound itself rather than the volume. The sound itself needs to be fixed.

17. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Hopefully the distortion can be fixed, it’s been out for 5 months now

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nicolás train sim

Nicolás train sim Member

Hey, any news on this xbox audio fix???
    We've been waiting for many months now

19. coursetim

I asked JD in the roadmap thread and apparently he said it was on a list of questions for tonights roadmap stream although I haven't watched it yet as have been out

20. coursetim

On the stream Matt said its been noted and is in the queue for being looked at by an audio engineer but nothing is currently is being worked on actively at this moment I believe which is a shame considering the length of time this thread stretches back (to the initial TSW3 release) :(

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
  21. antwerpcentral

Is someone planning on buying the American content on Xbox Series? If so could you pay special attention for me on audio quality? I don't care if the sound of the loco is not pitch perfect with the original one. But on Xbox there is this problem on a lot of routes where there are ticks and tocks that shouldn't be in the audio. These things are never picked up in the first experiences posted by Xbox users on the forums. I always need to figure it out myself and get's acknowledged by other users afterwards.

So if someone picks it up at release I would appreciate it to pay attention to audio quality as well for me?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  22. theojwhitworth2004

Legend. It may not be fixed soon but at least they are aware. That's the most important thing IMO. Figures crossed it's a quick fix and can be done before new UK content coming.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Nicolás train sim

Nicolás train sim Member

Does anyone know if we have any progress on this audio fix for xbox???

24. coursetim

As far as I'm aware nothing has changed since that roadmap in February where they said they were waiting to get an audio engineer on it?

Maybe someone from DTG can comment and provide an update? :)

25. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I will knock together another video when I get time with a few examples comparing audio quality in TSW2 to TSW3. This desperately needs sorting!

• Like Like x 1
  26. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

Just keep in mid guys to use UHDMI cables with XBX series SX consoles, (48GB bandwidth) especially if you play in 4K. I have no comparison to other platform,s but so far on my xbxx I experienced ordinary and common I think sound bugs (like no rail sound in cabin, too silent, or no sound of the rear loco in dpu etc.)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
  27. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I mostly use headphones.

28. Masterplan

Masterplan Member

I'm not aware of any sound issues on my Series X, except that I learned that by far the loudest sound in train's cab is made by the windscreen wipers. Those on trains must be louder than a jet engine.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Here is a short video I made comparing how badly the TSW3 Xbox audio quality has degraded since TSW2. You will notice for example, how clear the TSW2 high-pitched sounds like AWS and door opening are compared to TSW3 where the crackling is evident (even more so with a headset).

It is such a shame after all the good work DTG put in to fix the Xbox audio in TSW2 (jackhammering, etc), that TSW3 was released in this state. I remain hopeful that the issue will eventually be taken seriously by them and be fixed in due course, in spite of the apathy shown thus far.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. bljohansson#4171

bljohansson#4171 Active Member

Thanks. Yeah, it's especially noticeable in high-pitched warning sounds. Door warning sounds on something like the MKII or 422 are downright unbearable. Judging by JD's recent baffling comment I think it's safe to say they haven't even tested this themselves outside of dev-kits or at all so I doubt we'll see a fix.

31. theojwhitworth2004

What was his comment out of curiosity?

32. theojwhitworth2004

Can I use this video as evidence for a ticket??

33. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Please do, and thanks. If all Xbox players had logged a ticket DTG would have taken more notice by now.

34. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

35. theojwhitworth2004

• Like Like x 2
  36. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

I agree, more noise needs to be made about this. I've noticed popping/cracking in the cab of the SEHS 66. This didn't seem to happen with the older models (ECW and GWE) I've also noticed popping/cracking in the cab of the 101's

37. theojwhitworth2004

Could be simulated cab noise like panels shaking. Does it sound mechanical or technical as in does it sound like a technical bug or a mechanical sounding noise?

38. Bob12212

I'd say it sounds like a technical bug. Probably the best way I could describe it, is like how an old record would crackle and pop. Almost like the audio is of poor quality, or has been compressed.

39. bljohansson#4171

bljohansson#4171 Active Member

Yeah I consistently get the crackle & pop with the 101 and the 403. Those pops gotta be pretty damn nasty for people wearing headphones I imagine.

• Like Like x 1
  40. theojwhitworth2004

yeah sounds like a related issue to the warning sounds. Such a shame especially with the new dlc's on the horizon

• Like Like x 1
  41. Bob12212

Yeah, the warning sounds like AWS will play a very short piece of sound, and will badly loop over and over. With a stutter is the sound each time it loops. The horn on the 09 on WSR has always done this too.

42. coursetim

The major thing I'm still noticing is that the AWS and alarms and sometimes door alarms on particularly the modern electric stuff (377, 375, 465, 395, 378) is balanced really poorly and is deafeningly loud. Especially on the 465. And all of the sounds gets much louder on the outside cameras. Its like changing to TSW 3 ruined the sound balance or something?

Will relink this

• Like Like x 1
  43. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Interesting that the Xbox audio seems fine on TramSim from what I can hear, so perhaps DTG could apply the same audio codec/process to TSW3 as they did for the TramSim Console Edition? Still no explanation as to why the sound was fine in TSW2 (after the jackhammer patch) but is now borked in 3, and still no timeline for a fix. :(

• Like Like x 1
  44. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

Sound is huge part of immersion, if you check most popular routes they have very good sound (Tharandter Rampe i. e.) For me the muted cabins are the worst trains (NECBP, RAPID TRANSIT i. e.)

45. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

TramSim was of course done by a different developer, not by DTG, they just publish it on Xbox.
    Thats why sounds dont have tons of issues like TSW (despite also being a UE4 game).

Sound in TSW is broken and DTG are not good enough at this to fix it. Should be clear by now...

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. antwerpcentral

I have never played it on headphones but on my soundbar it"s also damn nasty. It makes the game totally unplayable for me. I have now a new TV and new soundbar and I hear the same crackling on a lot of routes. People saying the audio is fine clearly never played with the sound on.

This has been reported since TSW3 released and nothing changed. I don't know if the audio problems are still present on newer routes but as DTG just ignores the problem and does not even acknowledge the Xbox audio issues at all I presume it's still there and there are just no plans on fixing this.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Bob12212

I believe it has been acknowledged on a couple of streams. With the response being that it would be a big and complex job, and wasn't being looked at. (At that time, not sure if they are looking into it now or not)

48. antwerpcentral

Correct, I remember, that's why I stopped playing the game altogether. :D

• Like Like x 1
  49. Bob12212

Basically they know there's a problem, but it probably doesn't affect enough of their player base for them to care/invest time in.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. coursetim

I've never noticed the popping and crackling until now on the class 20 on TVL. The sounds are also really quiet in the cab with the windows open.

Its like sound levels just got totally messed up going to tsw3

• Like Like x 3