Train Simulator 2022

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nwp1, Jun 5, 2021.

1. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I hope so as I cannot play any Japanese routes with fastload operational. They only work when fastload is removed which is a bit of a pain.

Only a couple of hours to find out. If it hasn’t been improved there will be a support ticket submitted as I was informed six months ago that it was being corrected.

2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Yep!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

4. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Just seen that thanks :)

5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Frankly I don't expect much improvement at this point. Which is a shame, as this is still the better game of the two and improvements ought to be made. There is too muich fear about breaking something. This is why a proper beta testing team of players - the people who own everything - should exist to test and make sure old DLC works. That way there could be more chance of core improvements to the game as more is being tested than DTG is able to do on their own. It would allow for little baby updates over a period of time instead of everyone being let down annually when the changes are to individual DLC, not to the core itself.

• Like Like x 2
  7. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

upload_2021-9-30_18-16-2.png

and it's out. not a very big update :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Aaaand I'm at work for the next four nights :D

9. Cyclone

Rest in pieces. :cool:

Only a 74 MB update. Not much if you don't already own the routes. If you are buying the routes, though, then yes...

EDIT: Was in Rob's stream and he, plus another streamer, noted an 11 MB update. I have none of the routes, so we discussed and concluded that the ICE 2 got a 63 MB update somewhere in the pipeline. That's bundled with the new Deluxe route (and thus in 2022 Deluxe), so it would make sense. You may have this train from Hamburg-Hanover (the main way to get it non-standalone) or, if you got it back then, a 2013 bundle that included it (there was also a 2014 bundle). So it's not really anything special added here, but probably included mainly so it could be freely used in scenarios.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Main thing for me will be checking out the Birmingham cross city and 323 fixes, other than that the only other thing that affects me is remembering to remove the -fastload startup parameter from my desktop shortcut.

• Like Like x 1
  11. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

i would keep -fast load in there. i completely uninstalled ts2021 and once ts2022 got released i installed it and there no loading improvement in ts2022. but once i put in the -fastload in then there was improvement on loading.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Cyclone

Why did you completely uninstall 2021?

13. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

fresh start and wanted to see if that
    • Due to the wide array of positive feedback from the community, the previous Fastload beta has now been rolled in as a permanent improvement. witch was nothing so.

14. Cyclone

You did not have to uninstall 2021 to do that. 2022 installs and updates on top of it, so you turned an 11 MB core update into a process for I am not sure what reason. (Larger if you own the ICE 2 - 74 MB at minimum - or any of the three routes.)

15. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

You're quite right, loading a career scenario on Birmingham Cross City with -fastload removed was 30.09 seconds, with -fastload reinstated it took 8.89 seconds, hardly "rolled in as a permanent feature" if you still need the startup parameter, nice that the Devs never mentioned this anywhere in their "Core update" spiel, hardly surprised though tbh.

16. Cyclone

DTG Jamie may be worth bringing this to the attention of, so I have done so (basically the ping here). Perhaps he can communicate this and find out what's going on.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thanks for flagging. It's something we believed would happen automatically, but if it's not, we'll investigate - and if there is anything required on the part of the player we'll provide guidance.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

The Class 323 sounds are still broken.....

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

JD did say on here somewhere or on a stream that the class 323 sounds wouldn't be improved with this release. There wasn't time to put them in.

20. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Apart from still having to set fastload manually, which doesn’t take long so I’m already over that annoyance, I’m reasonably happy with this update.

I only have Frankfurt Koblenz out of the 3 routes and won’t be buying the other 2, but Frankfurt Koblenz has turned from an unplayable mess (in my opinion) to a really quite nice route. So far I haven’t seen a single bad signal or any holes in the scenery and the AI collision on a scenario is gone.

It’s still not perfect, there are still unsignalled speed limit drops. But I’ll make notes where they occur. That just steals points and doesn’t stop you playing like the faulty signals did.

I’m away at the moment so can only play on my laptop, but looking forward to going through some workshop scenarios over the weekend with a Raildriver hooked up.

At last the route seems worthy of the excellent train provided with it.

21. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Good to hear Tigert1966. I too have Frankfurt Koblenz and won’t buy the others until the price is reasonable. If I didn’t have this route already I may have made the plunge and would have if all routes had been new. Glad to hear the bugs have now been fixed and am pleased that I can play the Japanese routes now -fastload has been removed from properties.

Loading is still a problem as it now takes 20 seconds longer to get into the game from clicking play, but I do have a load of content. As for fastloading in the game this appears to be slower too, but I am not complaining. As long as it all works properly I am happy.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  22. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

I made a list of problems on other post, but i will share here too.

Core
    • OOM error still persists.
    • Fastload don't work by default.

Birmingham Cross City
    • Obviously, the sounds related to class 323 acceleration and missing the track effects sounds, like the train passing on a switch.
    (When they will fix this?)
    • Tail Lights not automatically turn on when turn headlights on.

Frankfurt - Koblenz
    • No platform marker at Frankfurt am Main Hbf Platform 07.

Washington to Baltimore
    • The entire third rail from subway is levitating, without supports.
    • A strip of hole between the roof of the tunnels going south from Washington, DC and the main station building, more precisely between tracks 22 and 26.

Will we have fixes, or will they leave it that way? The pack with the 4 routes was not cheap. Waiting for answers.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

DTG Jamie Thanks for the updates to Fr-Ko. :)Particularly the signalling.

24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

25. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

749006 Peter, As in never mentioned that you needed to keep the -fastload option in your startup parameters, of course we've since found out that they didn't know it wasn't working as intended.

26. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If it has not been working as intended why did they apply it to the core release?

27. MRFS

MRFS Staff Member

If there are a significant number, would you make a comprehensive list of them, please? I thought I'd caught most of them.

28. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

That's a question you'll have to ask DTGs Quality Control and testing coordinators, assuming of course they have any..

29. sjjones98

sjjones98 New Member

I know that when I tried fastload earlier in the year it worked well but I was unable to use the quick drive consist editor as it would always crash to desktop (no error message) at 90% asset loading. Does anybody else have this issue? May be I have a dodgy asset which is causing a crash. So for me I am glad it is not enabled by default even if is supposed to be!

30. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Nope QD consist editor works fine for me, I have over 200gb TS install and -fastload enabled, definitely sounds like you got a broken mod somewhere.

31. Cyclone

You're not paying attention. They claimed that it was being rolled out permanently so that the -fastload flag would always be on. They in fact didn't set that against the patch notes. So for now, the -fastload flag is still necessary. That is what is being discussed.

32. Kim Olesen

Strangely enough i didn’t see an improvement with -fastload untill TS2022.

33. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Is it possible that DTG has put the -Fastload command inside the core program?

34. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

I have. In a scenario where you drive the Flirt from Frankfurt Hbf to Mainz Hbf, just before arriving at the Flughafen Regionalbahnhof.
    The Vorsignal indicated speed reduction to 40 km/h. PZB magnet worked as it should. But then when I reached the Hauptsignal it was all green. Which is not totally impossible, it could have changed after all, except the 40 km/h speed limit DID actually kick in.

Not a great problem at that location, where you need to slow down anyway, signal or no signal, but seemed like a bug anyway.
    So far nothing else, and I like the route, although I have no comparison as I had not played it earlier.

One thing about that particular route should be highlighted though. Or more specifically a train. The Flirt from Chris Trains comes with an excellent manual. Which contrasts sharply with all other manuals, which are mediocre at best, but in some parts downright terrible.

The Strasbourg route is the worst case. There is nothing about signalling, there is nothing about voltage/safety systems switch at the border crossing, and to add insult to injury, keys provided are incorrect (although this could be a train bug, not the manual error, I can't know, but am yet to learn how do you start KVB on any of the trains, because the manual is useless in that respect).

Edit: I did learn about KVB by extracting the input mapping files, and of course manual is wrong. It's Ctrl+Del on TGV and 186, and ctrl+6 on ICE3M, in case someone is looking.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  35. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Is the line speed past the Hauptsignal still 40kph or faster?

36. Kim Olesen

40. There is a German rule about how to drive i to a Stumpfgleis. Can’t remember it now but the way it is in the update could very well be correct. You are slowed down to 40, driving on sight, meaning that further speed reductions do not have to be signalled, but only via signage, and since you are driving on sight no warnings are given.

In Austria (this is OT ofcourse) many speed reductions have no preceeding warnings. You need to know from the Buchfahrplan that they are there. Which is what the HUD does for you in TS.

37. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

In that particular case line speed drops to 40 km/h only at some (rather short, but noticeable) distance after the Hauptsignal (at least if I am to believe the HUD), so it was apparently the signal, which triggered the limit for the game.

38. Cyclone

This may be what was attempted and why they thought it was added. However, users are reporting that it's actually not working. As such, this suggests that perhaps testers forgot to turn the flag off when testing it, or had the route loading cached somehow so it didn't take long for them anyway. :cool:

39. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

And I just had the same thing happen to me at Ingelheim (arriving from Mainz). Vorsignal showing 40, Hauptsignal all green, 40 limit kicking in, and the track limit was 160 at that place, dropping to 60 only 400 metres ahead.

40. trev123

trev123 Active Member

I didn't have any of the routes that come with TS2022 so I have just purchased them in the TS2022 bundle for $61.99 NZ a saving of $198.95 NZ. The full price of routes for me is normally $49.99 NZ.

41. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

• Like Like x 2
  42. Cyclone

As a disclaimer, the 390 sound pack itself applied to the WCML South, but NOT to the original Class 390 (which I think has sounds in another sound pack). The Virgin Pendolino was the original primary purpose of the sound pack, so if you don't have that you definitely want to have WCML South..

• Like Like x 1
  43. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

Looking at the ATS 185 install batch file for the extra stock, it looks like Birmingham cross city is required. I wonder if the patch works with those reskins.

44. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

And third time, yet another station, Mainz Roemisches Theater. I managed to get a screenshot with both repeater and the Hauptsignal.
    It looks to me that the Hauptsignal of this type is, for some reason, unable to display Hp 2, because it's consistently happening.

Edit: I created a thread for this in technical reports, where it more properly belongs I think, and where perhaps some other people experiencing similar issues may note it, so if anyone wishes to continue this discussion, it's here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/signal-error-on-updated-frankfurt-koblenz.46254/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  45. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

I never got the chance to buy the virgin 390 but yeah. Not sure why it won't apply to the stand alone 390.

It's a shame AP don't keep their older sound packs because there's content out there that requires them.

46. trev123

trev123 Active Member

On the first 30 minute scenario of the Frankfurt Klobenz route, a couple of times as you were approaching a slower speed limit the lower speed limit came in about 1k from the speed limit sign.

On the autumn 105 min scenario at one of the stations that I stopped at all the passengers were on the wrong platform.

47. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Because the files in the old 2012 Pendolino and in the 2019 Pendolino are different

48. Cyclone

We were talking about this 390, not the Virgin Pendolino. See here.

49. Sun_King_135

Sun_King_135 New Member

I really appreciate how Koblenz - Frankfurt am Main got improved compared to last years release.

Only two minor things I noticed durgin quick play sessions:

There's still no chance to arrive at platform 2 at Frankfurt Flughafen Regio station if one is driving a longer train for example from Koblenz to Frankfurt or vice versa. Secondly, it's not possible to route an ICE train via Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof in either direction.

Is there any chance that this could be added? That'd make the route perfect.

Kind regards.

50. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Cyclone said "As a disclaimer, the 390 sound pack itself applied to the WCML South, but NOT to the original Class 390"
    PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā said "I never got the chance to buy the virgin 390. Not sure why it won't apply to the stand alone 390"
    I replied "Because the files in the old 2012 Pendolino and in the 2019 Pendolino are different"

Please keep up