(poll) Route Extensions Or New Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Trainz7726, May 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Trainz7726

Trainz7726 New Member

Would you like to see DTG focus on extending current routes in TSW or make new routes. If you answer please put either "Extension" or "New Routes. If you say Extension put which route do you believe needs an extension or if you put new route, put which new route would you like to see.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

You can actually do a poll although you as you’re a new member, you may have to have a certain number of posts before that’s option becomes available.

It’s a good question. I want to see more routes but I’d also like to route extensions that have potential to increase traction and routes. For example, having a route extension between Reading-Gatwick Airport means that the DLC after could be London Waterloo-Guildford/Portsmouth or London Victoria to Gatwick Airport/Brighton. And I could list endless traction for these routes. One thing absolutely fascinating about the UK is how all the networks all connect together which isn’t really a surprise because of how prolific the railway is in the UK historically combined with the fact it is just a small island. So by having good route extensions, you can open up new opportunities for routes/networks/traction and see how the railways are wonderfully connected in so many ways. Other examples could be extending from Reading to Oxford/Banbury to connect with the Chiltern Mainline up to eventually Birmingham. Or how about Reading to Bristol/Cheltenham and then you’ve got the opportunity to have a route from Cheltenham up to Birmingham. Or how about Reading to Cardiff which then opens the opportunity of the Welsh Valley lines. Once you’ve done Birmingham, you enter a whole new world where you have the cross city lines, the West coast mainline down South to London Euston or up North to eventually Scotland/Manchester/Liverpool/Holyhead.
    You would make both parties happy because you’re adding an extension whilst subtly still opening up the opportunity for new networks and traction.

• Like Like x 4
  3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

yes a lirr extension would definitely be awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  4. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I would like DTG to extend the Peninsula Corridor to Gilroy:)

and I also wanna see new American routes in TSW, such examples are Sherman hill, Marias pass, Donner Pass, COASTER/Pacific Surfliner LA-SD/MetroLink OC line, TRINITY RAILWAY EXPRESS, Virginia Railway Express, Seattle SOUNDER commuter rail, Minnesota Northstar, MBTA, and GO transit:)

• Like Like x 4
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would like to see route extensions. I think a route that can easily be extended is the Long Island Railroad route to Ronkonkoma. It's only an additional 23.5 miles with 7 additional stations

• Like Like x 3
  6. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

I would rather have new routes, preferably anywhere in Australia

• Like Like x 1
  7. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

New extensions on all American routes. (Not offending). I love other routes in other countries like the U.K and Germany, Canada as well. But being an American I prefer the American side of trains/routes more. An extension to the LIRR would be nice. The LIRR is one of the most popular routes in TSW it should receive more attention in terms of extensions. But like others have said it is just a proposal and currently I don't see DTG making any extensions to any route yet.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Trainz7726

Trainz7726 New Member

Nice, I created this thread because I saw some people wanted Extensions but others want new routes. It's a shame dtg didn't take an opportunity to make their own poll to ask people if they want route extensions for tsw or new routes so the debate of route extensions or new routes can end. We just need more people to respond to this thread so hopefully dtg will use the majority vote (replies) and not 10 people responding but maybe 100+ so DTG can do whatever the community who responds to this wants which would either be Extensions or New Routes. Maybe everyone who responds to this can spread the message to get more people involved in this poll and so DTG can make a decision that satisfies the majority. If it was me I would want route extension of the Great Western Express to at least Bristol Temple Meads

• Like Like x 2
  9. cjp#8580

cjp#8580 New Member

I would like to see southeastern go into Victoria from Rochester and also West cost mainline brighton to Portsmouth and Southampton Central and also arun Valley line and Littlehampton to bognor and also dover to ramsgate along with faversham to dover and also faversham to ramsgate

• Like Like x 3
  10. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There's only like 6 total services that go all the way to gilroy if you look at the real timetable. It's not worth it to create all the miles of track to see very little gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tzui#1682

tzui#1682 New Member

I would like to see DTG extend the Main-Spessart-Bahn to Würzburg so that we can use IC/ICE on this route. DTG doesn't even have to model anything new. They could simply take over the missing part of the Kassel - Würzburg high-speed line.

• Like Like x 2
  12. East Coastway Extended
    SEHS Extended to London Vic
    NEC New York Trenton Extended to New Haven Also add MTA to Ai And Add Freight CSX like the days of TSW1
    Harlem Line Extended to Southeast
    nahverkehr dresden Extended to Riesa will be most likely as it was done on Train Sim Classic and would also give us the I-C-E T

• Like Like x 1
  13. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

I would love DTG to extend the GWE to at least swindon(with the oxford branch) because that route when done properly is extremely good. If i could have my way i would love it to go all the way to cardiff and include the bristol loop, but a man can only dream. For Edb-Gla i would’ve loved to see the North Berwick line and for BCC the chase lines to rugeley trent valley. When it comes to new routes one of the routes i would really want to see is the ECML south from london to peterboro. and maybe a WCML, although that might be a lot more unlikely as there are 44 stations inbetween euston and brum. But yeah i feel like since dtg is revising old routes, they need to give GWE a makeover.

• Like Like x 3
  14. twinboo

twinboo Active Member

Are you suggesting a GWE Modern or an extension? I’d be happy with both.

• Like Like x 2
  15. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well the two I would most like to see would be to extend ECW to Hastings or Ore, the part where you can actually see the coast and TVL to Bishop Auckland where the majority of passenger services go to, neither are particularly long extensions.

Otherwise I would love to see BCC extended to Hereford with a class 170 or the new DMU class 196.

It would be great to see the SEHS classic lines extended into London but I know that is very unlikely.

• Like Like x 2
  16. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

both, the current GWE gets a makeover with the 800 and 345 and gets extended to an acceptable length

• Like Like x 1
  17. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

Both!

Although I’d prefer some extensions / DLC/layers

GWE - all the branches between Reading and Paddington, with the line extended to Swindon (and beyond?)

Northern Transpennine extended to York

South Eastern High Speed Faversham to Ashford to enable full route 395 workings (and maybe London Bridge or a destination to allow descent running of the 375/465)

Cross City (renamed WM Metro?) and include the lines to Walsall / Wolverhampton

West Cornwall - to include the Falmouth Docks Branch

London Commuter - where do you start… Catherham Branch?, Tattenham Corner? Sutton?

IOW to include the steam railway

maybe link East Coast Way with London Commuter?

just anything to add more variety to the routes

• Like Like x 1
  18. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

LIRR East Side Access with Babylon extension
    NEC Trenton New Brunswick New York Penn Station extended to Philadelphia 30th Street if license were to be obtained
    Nahverkehr Dresden extension into Austria-Hungary (Österreich-Ungarn Böhmisch-Mähren Hauptstrecke Schöna Bodenbach Aussig) present day Czech Republic Usti Decin stations
    Bremen Oldenburg extended to the Netherlands towards Groningen & Bad Nieuwschans the Border Station on the route Leer can be displayed on the route 425 Leer (Ostf) this becomes Wunderline Bremen Groningen. This should have been done in the first place using Friesenbrücke

• Like Like x 1
  19. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Both, actually. I agree with the Peninsula Corridor extension (to Gilroy), and I also want Cajon extended from Barstow west to Mojave (and maybe Yermo in the other direction). The rest of the UP Palmdale Cutoff and West Colton Yard (near San Bernardino) need to be added as well. Then we need BNSF and UP GP60s and BNSF and UP ES44ACs or ET44ACs/BNSF ET44C4s. BNSF B40-8Ws or GP38-2s could be added as well.

20. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

Route Extension-
    Ruhr Seig Nord Finnentrop- Seigen
    Long Island Railroad- Port Washington, and Oyster Bay Branch
    New Routes
    NJ Transit Morris/Essex Divison- Dover-Hoboken-New York Penn- Gladstone
    Metro North- Hudson Line Grand Central -Poughkeepsie

• Like Like x 3
  21. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

To add variety we should get an extension from Brighton main line to London Bridge and the Lewes branch

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

You know you responded to a post from 2020 right?

23. west coastway trains

It was cjp#8580 who replied first

24. sam#2862

sam#2862 Well-Known Member

I would like to see an extension to NTP and a Modernisation going from Piccadilly and Victoria to Leeds and maybe even including a part of the Calder Valley Line from Brighouse to Leeds via Bradford Interchange as Northern run a service from Huddersfield - Leeds via Halifax and Bradford (all that is very unlikely but I would love to see it)
    Train Sim World 3 - Modern Northern Transpennine Route | Dovetail Games Forums
    and for a route I would like that would be my local line, the Calder Valley line From Manchester Victoria to Leeds and Preston + the branch to Colne.
    Train Sim World 3 - Calder Valley Line Suggestion From A Local | Dovetail Games Forums

25. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Extension 100% yes, but a modernisation of the route would be a complete travesty so 100% no to the modernisation.

• Like Like x 2
  26. sam#2862

like IOW you can still have your BR blue the modern would come as a seperate route that gives players who already own it a small discount I'm just desperate for a 185

27. matt#4801

What I meant is that I would prefer the 80s iteration to be extended with a couple of new pieces of rolling stock.

A 185 could come with a different route like York to Scarborough or Sheffied to Cleethorpes for example.

28. sam#2862

yeah but NTP is just better

29. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I will always prefer new routes unless the extension offers something. I also have a realist's cap on and know that extensions are unlikely to happen, so I tend not to think about them.

Recently I've seen people asking for SEHS Extended... Extended, to Victoria.

Based on TSC's way of doing things, the Chatham (and, possibly, Medway) lines would come as their own DLC. Although, also looking at TSC, we ended with three Chatham Mainlines; the original, the CML + Medway, and the most recent one which covered the full CML from Victoria to the Coast.

I feel like the best way to gauge this is by scoring it. I won't explain them in detail, because I'd be here until 3am, but I'll split it into 5 categories, 5 points each.
    •Length/Scenery (5 - best, 0 - worst)
    •Repetitive? (5 - not very, 0 - yes)
    •Empty/Hollow? (5 - Literally BML's Victoria, 0 - Luzern 2.0) - determined mainly by available stock in-game. If it's a one train branch irl, it would get 5. I can't punish it for real life things.
    •Is it better as a standalone route? (5 - definitely not, 0 - absolutely, yes!)
    • Adding to the experience? (5 - Makes it so much better, 0 - not really)

These are my own opinions.

GWE
    Thames Valley Branches - 18/25
    Extend to Oxford - 10/25
    I just don't see the point in going to Oxford. I've suggested the line in the past as a standalone route to compliment GWE, but if it were to get an extension, has to be the branches, even if they need to use the 166.

NTP
    I wouldn't really throw anything into the ring here, because I feel like NTP is a good length for what it is, and provides a good enough experience. Plus, it's one of the best routes for Scenario Planner by far.

WSR
    No Viable options here, the entire West Somerset Railway is represented.

TVL
    Bishop Auckland Line - 16/25
    Would truly make the TVL complete.

ECW
    To Hastings/Ore - 14/25
    It would make ECW a nicer route, if done well, but I feel like I have to be harsher, or else I'll end up supporting all of these ideas inadvertently.

BKL
    No obvious options here. Watford DC Line, I guess, could be thrown in the hat, but it wouldn't really be a Bakerloo Line DLC anymore. Watford DC probably compliments a WCML route more than anything.

IOW or IOW2022
    Isle of Wight Steam - 16/25
    It would be nice, tbf.

GCC
    Not going to hear out the suggestions for the Paisley Canal Line here. The Cathcart Circle Line, as a route, is represented in it's fullest extent.

BML
    London Bridge - 21/25
    High score, but I think all things considered it's a very fair assessment, if I'm being objective. Although, in my opinion, it's better with some sort of South London Network route.

That's the main one; I'm not going to run through each and every one.

WCL
    Falmouth - 16/25
    Wouldn't really be worth a discussion if they cut the route a Truro. Now it feels missing.

SOS
    It's depicting the Liverpool - Crewe Line, and that's exactly what it does. We're not building a Frankenline, it's best to stick to real, defined, lines.

SEHS
    Sheerness - 19/25 (probably needs a 466)
    Victoria and down to Ashford are too far for an extension, imo, especially on a conventional line. That's pretty much a new route. Plus, a Sheerness extension is tried and tested.

Although, maybe one extension is enough?

BCC
    Like the GCC and SOS points, the Birmingham Cross City line is fully complete. Let's not start taking chunks out of random routes and throw them together because they overlap in one place.

E2G
    Alloa/Dunblane & Falkirk Grahamston - 16/25
    I would rather this came in it's own thing. Especially with the state of the current route.

MML, Peak Forest and so on:
    It's not even out yet. It's not worth considering, imo. Enjoy (or don't, if it's impossible to enjoy) the route that is there first before asking for more.

As you can tell, I've only really covered UK stuff. German stuff opens the floodgates, big time, when it comes to extensions.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  30. matt#4801

I would say NTP would greatly benefit by going to York or Liverpool (or even both!) with a 25 and maybe another DMU though this could be me being slightly more desperate to see some more BR Blue content than anything else.

• Like Like x 3
  31. theorganist

NTP going to Liverpool would make the route feel more complete, I am sure a driver of a Newcastle to Liverpool service wouldn't just drive between Leeds and Manchester. It would need a class 108 as class 101's would have been vanishlingly rare on Liverpool to Manchester locals as Allerton Depot only had 108's and there were no 101's in any of the Manchester depots.

The two extensions I would most like to see for currently released UK routes would be to Bishop Auckland on TVL (possibly with a class 143) and Ore on the ECW. I would love ot see Dresden to Riesa extended to Leipzig.

32. sam#2862

The Dunblane and Alloa branches are tiny so I don't get why they weren't added, it would also add Rivet's Home Town of Stirling

• Like Like x 1
  33. trainsimplayer

Because they are, essentially, a seperate route.

34. sam#2862

its like 3 miles long and they are included on timetables

• Like Like x 1
  35. trainsimplayer

It's still not part of the Edinburgh - Glasgow line. That is represented to it's full extent.

36. theorganist

Surely that comes down to semantics! I wondered why the short length to Alloa wasn't included so you could drive the service in its entirety, it would add a bit of extra gameplay. You could argue that Seaford isn't on ECW but they included that, Reigate isn't on the BML but they included that (well some of it).

Personally if that is why it is a poor excuse in my mind. The main trouble with TSW, for me, is that there are too many routes which are just straight line A to B routes which end up lacking in variety. I like Edinburgh to Glasgow but most of the runs on it are the same.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  37. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Agree, Also would like to see the Harlem line extended to Southeast. I won't mentioned NYT since before it even gets extended, it needs a new timetable. Besides the lacking LIRR timetable, It has the worse timetable representation on any route in the game. This is my opinion

38. theorganist

SOS popped its head up and said hello!

I do agree though both NYT and SOS have very empty timetables compared to what they should be.

• Like Like x 1
  39. rennekton#1349

I didn't even realize. I just picked a comment to reply to lol

40. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Necro bumping going on here...

41. theorganist

Well I am sure there was similar thread recently, I just thought it was the same one.

It is a subject which comes up a lot anyway.

42. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

Nahverkehr Dresden needs an extension to Dresden Flughafen as was originally planned and even to Leipzig from Riesa

• Like Like x 1
  43. rennekton#1349

Leipzig to riesa would be its own route, not an extension to dra since extensions don't really exist in tsw. It's a lot more complicated to do things in tsw

• Like Like x 1
  44. theorganist

Well maybe they could do a SEHS "rebuild" then!

45. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

I know this. It is just my opinion, understand?

46. west coastway trains

SEHS entered the chat

47. trainsimplayer

SEHS is different.

48. west coastway trains

Different how? It was an extension to Ashford and dartford was it not

49. rennekton#1349

I think it was due to it requiring a whole rebuild to its timetable and route. Sure, half the track was there, but it still required updates to catenary and environment.

An extension to leipzig would be an even larger task due to it being more massive and complex. And what if people just want to play leipzig to riesa and not riesa to Dresden. Unless dtg decide to make most services a part 1 and part 2 since it would take a really long time to complete a simple service. Then people wouldn't be happy they can't do the whole route. Save system is still inconsistent.

50. trainsimplayer

SEHS was a rebuild and release, not a payed extension DLC. The only reason the extended parts work is because SEHS' timetable for TSW3 is brand new, avoiding the issues of adding extra mileage to an existing timetable.