1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(poll) Route Extensions Or New Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Trainz7726, May 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Trainz7726

Trainz7726 New Member

Would you like to see DTG focus on extending current routes in TSW or make new routes. If you answer please put either "Extension" or "New Routes. If you say Extension put which route do you believe needs an extension or if you put new route, put which new route would you like to see.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

You can actually do a poll although you as you’re a new member, you may have to have a certain number of posts before that’s option becomes available.

It’s a good question. I want to see more routes but I’d also like to route extensions that have potential to increase traction and routes. For example, having a route extension between Reading-Gatwick Airport means that the DLC after could be London Waterloo-Guildford/Portsmouth or London Victoria to Gatwick Airport/Brighton. And I could list endless traction for these routes. One thing absolutely fascinating about the UK is how all the networks all connect together which isn’t really a surprise because of how prolific the railway is in the UK historically combined with the fact it is just a small island. So by having good route extensions, you can open up new opportunities for routes/networks/traction and see how the railways are wonderfully connected in so many ways. Other examples could be extending from Reading to Oxford/Banbury to connect with the Chiltern Mainline up to eventually Birmingham. Or how about Reading to Bristol/Cheltenham and then you’ve got the opportunity to have a route from Cheltenham up to Birmingham. Or how about Reading to Cardiff which then opens the opportunity of the Welsh Valley lines. Once you’ve done Birmingham, you enter a whole new world where you have the cross city lines, the West coast mainline down South to London Euston or up North to eventually Scotland/Manchester/Liverpool/Holyhead.
    You would make both parties happy because you’re adding an extension whilst subtly still opening up the opportunity for new networks and traction.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

yes a lirr extension would definitely be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I would like DTG to extend the Peninsula Corridor to Gilroy:)

and I also wanna see new American routes in TSW, such examples are Sherman hill, Marias pass, Donner Pass, COASTER/Pacific Surfliner LA-SD/MetroLink OC line, TRINITY RAILWAY EXPRESS, Virginia Railway Express, Seattle SOUNDER commuter rail, Minnesota Northstar, MBTA, and GO transit:)

• Like Like x 3
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Active Member

I would like to see route extensions. I think a route that can easily be extended is the Long Island Railroad route to Ronkonkoma. It's only an additional 23.5 miles with 7 additional stations

• Like Like x 1
  6. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Member

I would rather have new routes, preferably anywhere in Australia

• Like Like x 1
  7. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Active Member

New extensions on all American routes. (Not offending). I love other routes in other countries like the U.K and Germany, Canada as well. But being an American I prefer the American side of trains/routes more. An extension to the LIRR would be nice. The LIRR is one of the most popular routes in TSW it should receive more attention in terms of extensions. But like others have said it is just a proposal and currently I don't see DTG making any extensions to any route yet.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Trainz7726

Trainz7726 New Member

Nice, I created this thread because I saw some people wanted Extensions but others want new routes. It's a shame dtg didn't take an opportunity to make their own poll to ask people if they want route extensions for tsw or new routes so the debate of route extensions or new routes can end. We just need more people to respond to this thread so hopefully dtg will use the majority vote (replies) and not 10 people responding but maybe 100+ so DTG can do whatever the community who responds to this wants which would either be Extensions or New Routes. Maybe everyone who responds to this can spread the message to get more people involved in this poll and so DTG can make a decision that satisfies the majority. If it was me I would want route extension of the Great Western Express to at least Bristol Temple Meads

• Like Like x 2