Ice 3 Ms (velaro D, Br 407)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cadeshr6s, Mar 25, 2022.

1. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, in this proposal I will devote myself to the ICE 3MS or also ICE 3 Velaro D. I will summarise everything possible about this traction unit, suggest layers for routes and give my opinion at the end. For now, have fun reading and let's get started.

[​IMG]

Lochhausen

Description:
    The Br 407 is a series of high-speed multiple units in the ICE fleet of Deutsche Bahn. The manufacturer of these trains, Siemens Rail Systems, refers to them as Velaro D (D for Germany). The trains have been assigned to the ICE 3 fleet by Deutsche Bahn and are referred to as ICE 3 (MS) or new ICE 3. They are very similar to the ICE 3M built by Siemens and Bombardier, but a new design, as the sole manufacturer Siemens could not take over the patents from Bombardier. The Velaros are - after the trains for Spain, China and Russia - the fourth realised variant of the Velaro platform by Siemens Rail Systems.

The four-system units are used in traffic in Germany and France. After several delivery delays, the first passenger deployment in domestic German traffic took place shortly before Christmas 2013. The approvals required for travel in France were granted in summer 2015. Approval for Belgium was still pending at the beginning of 2020.

Technical details:
    • Numbering: Multiple units 4701 to 4717
    • Number: 17 (each eight-part)
    • Manufacturer: Siemens
    • Years of construction: 2009–2012
    • Length: 200.72 meters
    • Mass of service:
      463.257t without passengers
      500.057t with passengers
    • Maximum speed:
      320 km/h (alternating current)
      200 km/h (direct current)
    • Continuous output:
      8000 kW (alternating current)
      4200 kW (direct current)
    • Acceleration: 0,53 m/s² (0–60 km/h), 0,52 m/s² (60–120 km/h)
    • Approaching force: 300 kN
    • Number of traction engines: 16
    • Safety systems: ETCS, LZB, PZB, TBL 1 und 2, TVM, ATB, KVB RSO (France)
    • Coupling type: Scharfenberg coupling
    • Seats:
      Total: 460
      1st class: 111
      2nd class: 333
      Bistro: 16

Layers:
    First of all, I would like to point out that in this list there are only routes where the ICE 3 Velaro D currently runs. I will also mention KI ICE Velaro D's. Second, I will also include deployments and disconnections. It should also be noted that the lines are not always complete. All marked stations can be accessed in Train Sim World 2 and all italic stations are not present in the game.

ICE 42 (every two hours):
    • Kiel - Neumünster -/Hamburg-Altona – Hamburg Dammtor – Hamburg – Hamburg-Harburg –Bremen – Osnabrück – Münster – Dortmund – Bochum – Essen – Duisburg – Düsseldorf –
    • Dortmund – Hagen – Wuppertal – Solingen –
    Köln Messe/Deutz – Köln – Siegburg/Bonn – Frankfurt Flughafen – Mannheim – Stuttgart – Ulm – Augsburg – München-Pasing – München

On the main line Hamburg – Lübeck (HHL) the ICE 1 could function as an AI train too to give Hamburg’s very empty main station a little more life.

On main line Rhine-Ruhr (HRR) the ICE 3 Velaro D could run playable Services from Bochum to Duisburg and back. He would stop in Essen.

On the Rhine-Ruhr-East (RRO) route, ICE 3 Velaro D could also take over the trains of ICE Line 42 between Hagen and Wuppertal and the same in the other direction.

On SKA the ICE 3 Velaro D could function as an AI train too to give Cologne's empty main station a little more life and variety.

On the main line Munich – Augsburg (HMA) the ICE 3 Velaro D could run every two hours from Augsburg to munich with stop in Munich-Pasing

ICE 45:
    Köln – Köln/Bonn Flughafen – Siegburg/Bonn – Montabaur – Limburg Süd – Wiesbaden – Mainz –Mannheim – Heidelberg – Vaihingen – Stuttgart

On SKA the ICE 3 Velaro D could function as an AI train too to give Cologne's empty main station a little more life and variety and some depot moves.

ICE 47 (almost every two hours):
    • Dortmund - Bochum –
    • Münster – Recklinghausen – Wanne-Eickel – Gelsenkirchen –
    Essen – Duisburg – Düsseldorf – Köln Messe/Deutz – Frankfurt Flughafen – Mannheim – Stuttgart

On main line Rhine-Ruhr (HRR) the ICE 3 Velaro D could run playable Services from Bochum to Duisburg and back. He would stop in Essen.

ICE 49:
    Köln – Köln/Bonn Flughafen – Siegburg/Bonn – Montabaur – Limburg Süd – Frankfurt Flughafen – Frankfurt

On SKA the ICE 3 Velaro D could function as an AI train too to give Cologne's empty main station a little more life and variety and some depot moves.

From Monday to Friday, two trains already run from Dortmund:
    • Dortmund – Hagen – Wuppertal – Solingen – Köln –...
    • Dortmund – Bochum – Essen – Duisburg – Düsseldorf – Köln Messe/Deutz – Köln/Bonn Flughafen –...
    In addition, a train runs beyond Cologne to Hamm from Monday to Thursday:
    ...− Köln/Bonn Flughafen – Köln Messe/Deutz – Wuppertal – Hagen – Hamm

On the Rhine-Ruhr-East (RRO) route, ICE 3 Velaro D could also take over the trains of ICE Line 49 between Hagen and Wuppertal and the same in the other direction.

On SKA the ICE 3 Velaro D could function as an AI train too to give Cologne's empty main station a little more life and variety.

ICE 82 (approximately every two hours):
    Frankfurt – Mannheim –
    • Kaiserslautern – Saarbrücken – Forbach –
    • Karlsruhe – Strasbourg –
    Paris Est

ICE 83 (once a day):
    Frankfurt – Mannheim – Karlsruhe – Baden-Baden – Strasbourg – Mulhouse-Ville – Belfort-Montbéliard – Besançon – Chalon – Lyon-Part-Dieu – Avignon – Aix-en-Provence – Marseille-Saint-Charles

On LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon the ICE 3 Velaro D could run services from Avignon to Marseille-Saint-Charles with a stop in Aix-en-Provence and a depot move.

Conclusion:
    I would be very happy about the ICE 3 Velaro D in Train Sim World 2, because it would bring more variety to many German routes, similar to the ICE 1. For example, it could be used as an ICE 3 substitution (HMA), because on most of the lines I just mentioned, it runs as an alternative to the Br 403 (ICE 3). In addition, we could run a German train in France, which would give the route a new attraction, especially for me, even if this journey is only once a day. All in all, I think that the Velaro D should find its way into the game in the future, for example with the Rhein Main high-speed line.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 17
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

There's a new version being made DB BR408 service entry 2022 that and DB BR407 can be sold as a bundle. Fits my suggestion Bochum Langendreer Dortmund Hagen via Witten Hbf including Rangierbahnhof Hagen Vorhalle. Reason for this is that ICE line 42 & 49 trips go past Hagen Vorhalle Rbf then join Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr Ost Dortmund Bochum Langendreer using Witten Hbf Junction.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cadeshr6s

Yes that is true, I also thought about the Velaro neo (BR 408) but since is not in passanger service right now I had not enough information to write something about it. I know the biggest differences between Velaro D and Neo and I think they should be selled like br 403 (ICE 3) and Br 406 (ICE 3M) with different routes, because the interior is very different and both have a different sound.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

5. cadeshr6s

• Like Like x 1
  6. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

It's a beautiful modern train and would be great to have in TSW 2, but I only support this train if it would come with a cool route like for example Frankfurt-Mannheim for example

• Like Like x 2
  7. cadeshr6s

I think SFS Rhein-Main would be very nice

• Like Like x 2
  8. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

All ICE models will be lovely

• Like Like x 2
  9. cadeshr6s

That's so true ^^

• Like Like x 1
  10. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I totally agree

• Like Like x 2
  11. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Man we need more ICEs even tho my favorite is ICE 1 i would still happily pay for any generation

• Like Like x 2
  12. cadeshr6s

Yeah me too ^^

• Like Like x 1
  13. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

exists as a mod project by Folezz and his team
    upload_2023-10-17_16-5-55.png

is probably still heavy WIP and I don't want to say anything wrong but just so people know about it