The Missing Link: Cologne - Duisburg

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Noel06, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone
    Today I suggest you the "Bahnstrecke Köln - Duisburg" (Köln Hbf - Leverkusen Mitte - Düsseldorf Hbf - Duisburg Hbf) in Germany. It is a 64-kilometer route, which is equipped with the train safety systems "PZB = Punktförmige Zugbeeinflussung" and "LZB = Linienförmige Zugbeeinflussung". This means that a top speed of 200 kilometers per hour can be reached on this route. This route is the main axis of long-distance and local rail passenger transport between Cologne and the Ruhr area, e.g. traveled by Intercity-Express, Intercity, Regional-Express, Regionalbahn and S-Bahn. This route is always in operation and provides fast connections between Cologne and Duisburg, but also with other countries.

Rolling Stock
    1. Regional Services

A lot of regional express trains run on this route every day. But most of all the The Rhein Ruhr Express from National Express (DB BR 462 / Siemens Desiro HC).
    - Formation: Four-Car Unit / 105 meters long
    - Top Speed: 160 Kilometers per Hour

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Long Distance Services
    There are also a lot of long-distance trains here. Since many of these are already included in TSW 2, I suggest the The "DB BR 402" / ICE 2.
    - 205 meters long
    - Top Speed: 280 Kilometers per Hour

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Layers

In order to be able to fill this route intensively with trains, layers on this route from other existing routes can be used.
    - ICE Services between Cologne Hbf or Cologne Messe/Deutz and Duisburg Hbf.
    --> ICE 3 (HMA) / ICE 3M (SKA) can complete them.

- IC / EC Services between Cologne Hbf and Duisburg Hbf.
    --> DB BR 101 (HRR) can complete them.

Special Function

Since this route mentioned above connects to the already existing routes in TSW 2, you can experience something unusual. If you already own "Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr" and "Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen", you could combine all three routes into one large route and develop a small train world from it.
    With this union there would then be the following changes:

- The DB BR 422 (HRR) could extend its S1 lines from Bochum via Essen and Duisburg to Düsseldorf Hbf.

- The Rhein Ruhr Express (above) mentioned above could run on the Cologne Aachen high-speed line AND on the Rhein Ruhr main line, to then eventually cover most of the RE1 (Aachen Hbf - Köln Hbf - Leverkusen Mitte - Düsseldorf Hbf - Duisburg Hbf - Essen Hbf - Bochum Hbf) to be able to take over.

- The ICE 3 (HMA) / ICE 3M (SKA) and the ICE 2 (above) could extend their connections from Cologne Hbf via Düsseldorf, Duisburg and Essen to Bochum.

- The DB BR 101 (HRR) can extend its IC trains from Bochum via Essen and Duisburg to Cologne Hbf.

If you like my suggestion, give it a like and I would appreciate any ratings or similar in the comments below. ;)
    Have a beautiful Day.
    Take care of yourselves!
    Noel06

Here my other suggestions:

Loco Suggestions:
    The Rhein Ruhr Express
    The "DB BR 412" / ICE 4

All ICE Generations In One Package
    Intercity 2

The Ice1 / Br 401
    München Augsburg: Ice 3 Velaro D / Br 407
    The "DB BR 402" / ICE 2

New Loco Add On For Ska DB BR 193 / Vectron
    DB BR 440.0

Route Suggestions:
    Hauptstrecke Stuttgart - Neckarsulm
    Bahnstrecke Stuttgart - Horb
    Bahnstrecke Mannheim - Frankfurt (Main)
    Schnellfahrstrecke Mannheim - Stuttgart / Highspeed Route Mannheim - Stuttgart

The Main Neckar Bahn In Germany
    New German Route

The Missing Link: Cologne - Duisburg

Other Suggestions:

Hauptstrecke München Augsburg - Expansion Pack

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 14
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For Freight & Passenger Traffic I suggest the Vectron because it runs both Freight and Sleeper train jobs. At Dusseldorf Hbf it's both EN420/421 Amsterdam Utrecht Duisburg Dusseldorf Koln Koblenz Aschaffenburg Nuremburg where it divides for Innsbruck via HMA and Wien Hbf via Passau. The second service is EN402/403 Amsterdam Duisburg Koln Koblenz Frankfurt Basel Zurich. BR193 pull them in the area. This way Koln Duisburg resembles existing German Routes with freight and Passenger. RE1 can have both 146.2 (DRA/Main Spessart Bahn) and DB BR462.

• Like Like x 2
  3. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

We need these Rhein Ruhr Connections with Cologne- Duisburg and cologne Wuppethal, my only wish would be, that DTG would update the Br422 because the sound isn't as the real one and the interior could get a big update, otherwise the other trains you suggested are also really good

• Like Like x 1
  4. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

The Vectron / BR 193 can come as a Loco Add-On for Train Sim World 2. But I do not know whether freight traffic exists on that route ...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 2