Intercity 2 / Ic 2 --> For Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Noel06, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone
    Today I introduce you to the famous "IC2", also known as the "Intercity 2", of the "Deutsche Bahn" in Germany. This train consists of four double-decker cars, a matching "DBpbzfa 668.2" control car and, of course, an electric locomotive. This train is equipped with the typical German train protection systems "PZB = Punktförmige Zugbeeinflussung ", LZB = Linienförmige Zugbeeinflussung" and of course the "SiFa = Sicherheitsfahrschaltung".
    There are two generations of the "IC2":

1st generation: The first generation is operated with locomotives from the "DB BR 146.5". The first generation is mainly used on the routes in Lower Saxony as well as to Leipzig and Dresden.

2nd generation: The second generation is operated with locomotives from the "DB BR 147". The main area of application for the first lot of 17 trains of the second generation is in Baden-Württemberg.

As you can see here, you can tell which generation of the "Intercity 2" is based on the locomotive and the places of use. This locomotive-hauled train has a length of 134.50 meters and can reach a top speed of 160 kilometers per hour.
    In addition to the trains mentioned above, the "Stadler KISS" also runs as "IC2" of Deutsche Bahn. This has a top speed of 200 kilometers per hour but this train operates more in the east of Germany.

Services
    I would suggest that the "IC2" should complete journeys between Dresden Hbf and Riesa on the German Rush Hour route "Nahverkehr Dresden" and ”Rhein Ruhr Osten” Since this is how it actually runs, it would make sense to develop the "Intercity 2" for both routes.

Here some pictures
    The control car "DBpbzfa 668.2"
    [​IMG]

Loco of the first generation "DB BR 146.5"
    [​IMG]

Loco of the second generation "DB BR 147.5"
    [​IMG]

Interior
    [​IMG]

If you like my suggestion, give it a like and I would appreciate any ratings or similar in the comments below. ;)
    Have a beautiful Day.
    Take care of yourselves!
    Noel06

Here my other suggestions:

Loco Suggestions:
    The Rhein Ruhr Express
    The "DB BR 412" / ICE 4

All ICE Generations In One Package
    Intercity 2

The Ice1 / Br 401
    München Augsburg: Ice 3 Velaro D / Br 407
    The "DB BR 402" / ICE 2

New Loco Add On For Ska DB BR 193 / Vectron
    DB BR 440.0

Route Suggestions:
    Hauptstrecke Stuttgart - Neckarsulm
    Bahnstrecke Stuttgart - Horb
    Bahnstrecke Mannheim - Frankfurt (Main)
    Schnellfahrstrecke Mannheim - Stuttgart / Highspeed Route Mannheim - Stuttgart

The Main Neckar Bahn In Germany
    New German Route

Other Suggestions:

Hauptstrecke München Augsburg - Expansion Pack

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 18
  2. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  3. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Please no. The new IC livery with the loco coloured as the wagons is the most uninspired and boring livery ever to have been applied to a train. Probably invented by the same geniuses who came up with the new Lufthansa livery.

4. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Mean 147?

• Like Like x 2
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and my question is this does the DB BR147 sound the same as a DB BR187 if so DTG makes IC2 then use DB BR147 sounds to fix DB BR187

• Like Like x 2
  6. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Yes. The DB BR 147 and the DB BR 187 have the same sound. But normally the DB BR 146.5 drives on Dresden Riesa and also on RRO and not the DB BR 147.5. I hope Rivet Games will develop the „IC2“. Because among all the TSW2 Developer RG are the best.
    Noel06

• Like Like x 1
  7. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Firstly really good suggestion. You can also get nice depot moves on SKA. Because from Köln there are two IC lines which are driven by IC 2 with Be 146.5. One to Norddeich Mole and the other one to Dresden via Wuppertal and Hagen. So I would recommend to develope the IC 2 with the Br 146.5

• Like Like x 1
  8. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

An ICE2 could layer in on RRO and would add a none stop service between Wuppertal & Hagen, so for this alone it gets a +1 from me.

Personally the couple of times Ive ridden them IRL I have to say I prefer the IC1 over the IC2 especially the lack of a proper buffet but a selection of vending machines in its place. But thats no reason not to have a prototypical trainset in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean IC2 DB BR146.5 DB BR147 and this also fits Ruhr-Sieg Nord IC34 Münster to Frankfurt Am Main via Marburg Finnentrop Hagen Siegen Main Weser Bahn

10. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

what about the class 4110? thats a good one too!