Jo_kim's Route Suggestions Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jo_Kim, May 19, 2021.

1. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

This is a thread whose main focus is to collect my own route suggestions into one main thread so that I can clear out my signature and give other users a quick reference to other routes they might like.
    This thread/post will be updated every time I release a new route suggestion.

Routes that are confirmed to be in development (*) or released () (may be longer or shorter route than suggested, include different rolling stock or take place in a different area) are marked with the according symbol.

Overview:
    • Country Codes
    • Method of Propulsion
    • Light Railway
      • Rapid Transit
      • Narrow-Gauge
    • Heavy Railway
      • Germany
      • Europe
      • Worldwide
    Country Codes:
    DE
    - Germany
    CH - Switzerland
    NO - Norway
    DK - Denmark
    SE - Sweden
    CZ - Czechia
    IT - Italy
    NL - Netherlands
    JP - Japan
    US - United States
    AU - Australia

Method of Propulsion:
    E
    - Electric
    D - Diesel
    S - Steam
    () - additional method for single vehicles

Light Railway:
    Rapid Transit:
    DE-E: U-Bahn Berlin Linie U5 (Hauptbahnhof - Hönow)
    CZ-E: Metro Praha Linka B (Zličin - Černý Most)
    US-E: Chicago L Brown Line (Kimball - Clark/Lake)

Narrow-Gauge:
    CH/IT-E(/D): Berninabahn (St. Moritz - Tirano)
    DE-S/D: Harzquerbahn (Nordhausen - Wernigerode)

Heavy Railway:
    Germany:
    DE-D/S: Biebermühlbahn (Kaiserslautern - Pirmasens)
    DE-E: Pfälzische Ludwigsbahn (Mannheim - Kaiserslautern)
    DE-D: Marschbahn (Husum - Westerland (Sylt))
    DE-E(/D/S): Ludwig-Süd-Nord-Bahn (Augsburg - Nördlingen)
    DE-E(/D): Linke Rheinstrecke 1975 (Bingen - Koblenz) *

Europe:
    NO-E: Bergensbana (Bergen - Voss)
    DK/SE-E: Øresundsbanen (København - Malmö)
    IT-E: AV Torino - Milano
    NL-E: Spoorlijn Utrecht - Rotterdam
    CZ-E(/D): Železniční Trať Praha - Beroun (- Plzeň)

Worldwide:
    JP-E: Kyūshū Shinkansen (Hakata - Kumamoto)
    AU-E/D: South Coast Line (Bondi Junction - Port Kembla)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

If you need a seperate topic to list your own suggestions, then perhaps you've made a few too many suggestions?

• Like Like x 2
  3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I can't relate at all ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

If it's too many is up to you to decide, but every suggestion I've made has a good amount of research and details. I don't need / want to use this thread to promote my suggestion to more people but rather to have a better overview for people who will use the link in my signature.
    Therefore I suggest just not to comment on this thread, then it will dive down into the depths of the suggestions category, never to be seen again by a user that is not interested in my suggestions.

5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Sorry for my directness and honesty, that's how the Dutch are, but indeed the same could be said to you. You could suggest your favourite route, but when posting lots of these type of suggestions, the value of "favourite" diminishes.

I prefer to stick to one suggestion, which I think is the best suggestion I can come up with. Meanwhile I support whichever suggestions I like. It's usually those people that stick to one or two suggestions to have the best suggestions, in my experience.

So in short, I think it'd do your suggestions well if you limit yourself to the ones which really are your favourites ;)

Sorry for my directness and honesty. :P

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Looks like you could have written this in three words

ALL OF THEM

7. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

That's completely fine, that's your opinion and I respect that.
    I can just say from my point that there are so many different routes that are worthy of being at least suggested, that I will make a suggestion if I think a route would make a good addon to TSW. Of course I could just focus on two or three routes but usually I've already put the details you'll need to know about the route into the suggestion. The rest is up to the community to decide if they like the suggestion or not.
    But you'll never know what an individual user would like to see so therefore I'm listing all of my route suggestions into this thread. It helps to get a better overview than all suggestions being cramped into the signature.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I mean, I can see that. Personally, I really enjoy making the suggestions I create, and there are many routes that I think would fit the game and demand well, and I'm the kind of person that then goes 'heck, why not make all of them'. I do however usually only promote my favourte suggestions, leaving the ones that aren't my absolute favourites (like Köln-Wuppertal, which is my most liked suggestion, even though it is possibily my least favourite among my own suggestions), to fend for themselves. Therefore I usually stick to actively promoting only my Dutch suggestions (Enschede - Amersfoort and Den Haag - Breda), the '90s German suggestions (The Saalebahn and the Main-Weser-Bahn) and the Preußische Ostbahn for when steam comes.

I do hope the quantity of my posts does not impact their quality though, I do put as much detail and effort into each one as would be realistic.

9. dedh98mosqueto

dedh98mosqueto Active Member

US, Norfolk, VA to Virginia Beach, VA. The route I am proposing is a part of the original Norfolk Southern from 1945 to 1950. It includes some D passenger rail cars, two interchanges, baldwin switcher diesels, and a variety of trains to run. Please keep in mind when or if you do research is that this part of the line ran mostly local freights including a stop just outside Oceana Navel Air Station. Here is a link if you want to see what the route looked like (https://www.historicaerials.com/viewer). There is a bar on the left that allows you to see the map of the aria before the earliest aerial photo of the place which is 1964.