Map Of German, Dutch, Swiss And Austrian Route Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Mar 4, 2021.

?
  1. Connecting the Ruhr Area with Köln-Wuppertal and Köln-Duisburg

117 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. Dutch routes

55 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Cross border routes into the Czech Republic or Luxembourg

28 vote(s)
    12.6%
  4. Other on this map, comment below

15 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Not something on this map, comment below.

8 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

You know, I was thinking (I know, very dangerous activity)
    Perhaps it'd be an idea to sort the suggestion links by country they're from, with a special tab for cross border routes as separate categories.
    I know this is already done by color, but by tab too, this could, given the ever expanding nature of this post, help categorize and add better oversight making it easier to navigate and see how many suggestions every topic has.

It's just an idea though I'm floating around here :)
    It's your thread to do with as you please.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

It's one I've considered before, but laziness got the better of me. I might do it if I have spare time today :).

3. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

There are so many routes that I’d like to see both on and off this map!
    Hamburg to Bremen would be a great one for me as well as some Dutch routes.
    But personally, Danish routes would be a good addition.
    Maybe something like Padborg to Fredericia, or Kastup Lufthavn to Ringsted, or (preferably) Aarhus to Aalborg.

I quite fancy another country addition to TSW2

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Sounds Good and for an international route, Duisburg-Oberhausen-Arnhem should be made first because it can make Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr Busy at Duisburg due to trains going to or From Amsterdam Utrecht & Arnhem call there next stop for them is Oberhausen where S3 from HRR Terminates.

5. jolojonasgames

I have now gotten around to doing that, hope you like it :).

6. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Much better! :D
    This makes it so much more convenient to see exactly what routes have been requested per country rather than just the map.
    Now I feel like I can see at a mere glance what Dutch routes have and haven't been requested yet.

7. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

8. jolojonasgames

9. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

How did you make it because it looks so good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dadu_csusag

dadu_csusag New Member

Hi All,

I don't know if anyone mentioned ever, but there is a specific route that (as I prefer to say) it's a Masterpiece! Unfortunately, it's only available for Train Simulator and not for Train Sim. World. It's about the Three Country Corner Route which has 130km (80 miles) of track covering three countries: Austria (St. Anton am Arlberg), Switzerland (Rorschach) and Germany (Lindau). I would pay whatever to have this Add-On on TSW! Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Köln-Koblenz, or at least Bingen-Koblenz

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. driverwoods#1787

West Rhine Railway or the East Rhine Railway all Sleeper trains from the Ruhr to Bavaria and Austria run this way & Main Spessart Bahn.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lord everything

lord everything Well-Known Member

They should start with Bochum - Hagen to connect HRR with RSN and RRO, then Koln to Frankfurt with Frankfurt to Aschaffenburg to connect with MSB. Then Koln - Wuppertal, Essen - Wuppertal, and Koln - Duisburg, then Aschaffenburg and Gemunden to Wurzburg. This would leave room for Augsburg - Wurzburg and Hamburg - Wurzburg in stages to connect up HMA and HHL. Riesa - Leipzig could sorta connect Rapid Transit and Naverkher Dresden/Dresden - Chemnitz, followed by Leipzig - Munich and via nurnburg and your done

• Like Like x 3
  14. driverwoods#1787

I suggested that route because it has Rangierbahnof Hagen Vorhalle where RRO freight trains get reassembled for Bochum Oberhausen Duisburg via HRR and RSN Siegen Finnentrop Werdohl & Frankfurt Am Main via Giessen Main Weser Bahn route. That route has the fast line going via the 1988 built Bochum Langendreer Junction and the Slow line Witten Dortmund.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  15. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Great idea

16. drnicktgm#1259

But we shouldn't wait until DTG does all that because we have more developers, that create routes like Skyhook games

• Like Like x 1
  17. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Yes but DTG is still updating there routes Sky Hook and Rivet does not in the most parts and they do not have access to rush hour passangers and co I think

18. driverwoods#1787

I suggested Bochum-Hagen/Dortmund and its in my signature New Features are a Working Hump Yard with dispatcher control switches which is Rangierbahnhof Hagen Vorhalle and Automatic announcements on trains including Doppelstockwagen Ingo Ruff.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  19. driverwoods#1787

To fill in the missing gap between HRR Rhein Ruhr Osten & Ruhr Sieg Nord I suggested Bochum-Hagen/Dortmund that way RB16 can be driven from Essen to Finnentrop and RSN Freight stopping at Hagen Vorhalle becoming RRO & HRR freight. Another suggestion I have is Riesa-Chemnitz

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. renaldo444

renaldo444 Member

Dutch routes hopefully soon will be available :)

• Like Like x 1
  21. drnicktgm#1259

Can you update the map again, because the route Riesa Dresden is already out and you can add the Chemnitz Route ;)

22. jolojonasgames

Maybe I will, but I feel like the entire concept of this map needs a rework. It currently might be a little to broad, and I feel likenit has become just a gimmick instead of a useful overview of routes.

I'm very busy this week, but perhaps next weekend I'll make some changes :).

• Like Like x 1
  23. cadeshr6s

What do you mean with "rework"?

24. jolojonasgames

There are a few things that I want to do or am considering doing.

First of all, the map doesn't look that great, I'd like to re-do that if I get the time.
    Secondly, I'm considering the option of splitting the maps by country, which would make updating them a little easier as it it less of a bungled mess and would make it a bit more clear. Then I might decide to keep them in the same thread, but I might also split them into different threads. If I do not split the map, I at least want to add borders to it.

I'm still considering ways to make it a more useful tool to see which routes have been suggested, which parts of the network have been neglected, and ideally, which gameplay options are still unutilised or underrepresented. I'd like to add 'tags' to each route in the list, such as the included rolling stock (if this is listed), and gameplay aspects (i.e. 'unelectrified', 'single track', 'steep gradients', 'especially scenic', 'high speed', 'low speed', 'mainline'). This would make it easier for players to find a route that interests them, and will hopefully bring attention to types of routes we don't yet have in TSW, as currently most German routes are double track electrified mainlines.

The initial thought and purpose behind this map was to show both the oppertunities in connecting the Rhein-Ruhr area into one big network (something I am less optimistic about then I initially was, as I've come to see a few practical issues with it and don't want anymore of the same double track electrified routes until there is some more variety in-game), and the huge amount of potential outside of that area of West-Germany. Mainly that second goal is where I want to achieve more with this map, by adding these 'tags' for example. I also want to put some additional focus on the inclusion of new or pretty much new countries, as I think that DTG's standpoint on the inclusion is in need of change, and I want to show player demand for this variation in content.

All in all I think you can see this is quite a bit of work, and I hope you'll understand me waiting until my christmas break before starting on this :). Would love to hear thoughts on the proposed changes though!

• Like Like x 1
  25. kjeld.dejager

kjeld.dejager Active Member

A dutch route that is missing is from 's-hertogenbosch - Deventer this about 115 km long with freight and passanger and in Oss you can have a little diesel loc that they use there on the local harbor

26. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

a small update:
    Riesa-Dresden should be black + there should be Dresden to Chemnitz since it's going to be in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  27. kjeld.dejager

kjeld.dejager Active Member

there should be a update come for dresden - Riesa to Dresden Flughthafen (airport) the track is al ready there and some of the deatails too

28. cadeshr6s

Really?

• Like Like x 1
  29. drnicktgm#1259

Yes here in the video you can see it

• Like Like x 2
  30. cadeshr6s

But Matt told that we should not expect this to come. I think what you can see is from the early development and than they cut off the branches.

31. jolojonasgames

Yeah, the amount of time and effort it would take to fully model this branch is not to be underestimated. A lot of the truly hard work still needs to be done. Unique station buildimg art has to be created, and there are a few that wpuld require significant work. In addition to that the airport tunnel station would require lots of work to model and bake, which is the original reason the Meißen branch was chosen over the airport branch. On top of all that, quite a bit of close hand placed scenery needs to be placed and edited and the airport needs more work.

I'd still like to see this branch, but really, do not expect it.

• Like Like x 2
  32. lord everything

lord everything Well-Known Member

When you update it can you include my Nuremburg - Wurzburg suggestion

33. drnicktgm#1259

Well see what route comes next this Tuesday

34. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  35. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Well, be my guest, I'd say :)

Looks like a funny route, though I'm not quite sure if it'd be ideal on this thread given it's only for like 1/3 part in any of the countries this thread is about.

36. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Fair, but I could not find another thread about Austrian routes, so this one was most relevant.

I don't think I would do the route as much justice as people from Austria who are intimately knowledgeable about it, plus I focus on Japanese content. Let's see if anyone else has time and knowledge to make the proposal.

37. drnicktgm#1259

jolojonasgames can you please update the map again, because it was really nice to see, which routes on what parts of Germany are included and sadly you stopped updating it since Tharanter Rampe came out

38. drnicktgm#1259

ICE 1 is included now so the only missing ICEs are the ICE 2/4/(T), IC2 and of course other train types but I don't think, that DTG will get the license from National Express, that includes the Br442 and Br462 RRO. But maybe we could see older train types like the Br111 and the new S Bahn Type for the Rhein Ruhr área like the Br1440 and the Br3247 (Stadler) S Bahn/Regional type.

• Like Like x 1
  39. jolojonasgames

Maybe I'll update it later if I feel like it and have some time left over. I however don't feel the map is really that relevant anymore, especially as in my opinion the quality and importance of the suggestions forum has decreased in the years since originally making this map. However, if I can put a nice spin on the map that gives it a bit of use and relevance again I just might pick this up again. A positive change in the suggestions forum starts with the users after all.

It is by the way great to see the ICE 1 in game, and I've been enjoying it massively. The BR 111 is a very versatile loco that in combination with modus wagen on MSB (which hasn't had a proper DTG loco DLC or a timetable upgrade since release) like I suggested before, or with high door Dosto's could be one of the most versatile DLC's for TSW with layers everywhere. The Ruhr area, like you say, also has many more interesting locos and multiple units to be added. However, tendencywise I think I'd like to see some old(er) stuff for Germany, and perhaps even a late '80s or early '90s route. That however is just my personal desire and not something I think is likely to happen. On the other hand I also never thought Kassel - Würzburg, especially with this amount of high quality scenery, would ever be likely either.

Again, I'll see what I'll do with the map, but don't create any expectations :)

• Like Like x 3
  40. drnicktgm#1259

Are there some older dutch routes that could be interesting, maybe also including some of the TEE trains?

41. jolojonasgames

There definetely are, I've always thought about suggesting (Den Haag)-Rotterdam-Roosendaal as a historical route with many old school trains and some international BeNeLux trains aswell as quite some freight. Especially the old drawbridge in Rotterdam would make it quite the spectacle. However, I have not suggested that yet because a modern Dutch route is a way better place to start as the team would need to learn about Dutch railways and it's easier to do that about the modern one as there is more info about that. After having knowledge on how things work now they could perhaps work their way back (which due to the Dutch nature to keep a lot of records on everything is very possible).

• Like Like x 1
  42. BN3140

BN3140 Member

I'd like to see Frankfurt - Koblenz. It's too bad the 101's ic cars don't come with a cab car. Otherwise, anything Dutch would be great. I really want to run a koploper.

• Like Like x 1
  43. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Given I have just posted my newest suggestion: De Oude Lijn (Amsterdam - Rotterdam, through Haarlem / Schiphol, Leiden, Den Haag), could this one possibly be added to the masterlist?

I had intended to make that suggestion a lot earlier, but still :)

Apologies for posting on a thread this old, but I think considering what it's about, and the context of what I'm saying/asking in it, it is reasonable for me to post in it.

• Like Like x 2
  44. jolojonasgames

No problem, I've added it in :)

By the way, I don't plan on doing much more with this thread, as I'm no longer that active on the forums, just so people know (in case I take some time to respond to further requests). Cheers :)